Dr. Stanley M. Asselstine: 1953-54
- Received medical degree from U of T; trained in pathology in Toronto, Cambridge UK, and Johns Hopkins University.
- Served in the Canadian Army during WWII.
- Professor and Head of Pathology at Queen’s in 1946; later Head of Pathology, Dean of Medicine, VP of Health Science and Vice-Provost at U of T.
- With Dr. Louis Berger of l’Université Laval, conceived idea for a national association of Canadian pathologists.
Dr. Desmond Magner: 1952-53
- Born Cork, Ireland, 1913. Emigrated to Canada 1921; attended Upper Canada College 1923-30.
- Received medical degree from U of T, 1938; served in Royal Canadian Army Medical Corps 1939-45, retiring at rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
- Professor and Head of Pathology, University of Ottawa; Director of Laboratories, Ottawa General Hospital, 1947-73.
- Founded Canadian Tumour Reference Centre; served as Registrar, 1949-73.
Dr. William L. Donohue: 1951-52
- Graduated from U of T in 1932; later studied at Columbia University and National Hospital for Nervous Diseases in London, UK.
- Appointed Assistant Pathologist at Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children, 1938. Subsequently Chief of Pathology, 1947-72.