Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ontariop/public_html/ontario-pathologists/wp-content/plugins/logo-slider/logo-slider.php on line 659
Instructions for Abstract Submission – Annual General Meeting
|Author||Format as described in point 2 below|
|Font||Times New Roman or Arial (Size 10)|
|Word length||250 words (Deduct 50 for each table or graphic)|
|Tables / Figures||Maximum of 2 within the specified dimensions|
|Structured format||Objectives: / Design and Methods: / Results: / Conclusions:|
|Images||Spreadsheets not to exceed 6 columns. jpegs not to exceed 6.5″ x w|
An abstract must clearly include the following:
- The title should be written in sentence structure (capitalize first word and remaining words begin in lower case).
- Author names should begin on the line immediately after the Title in the following style: First Name, space, Middle Initial(s) followed by period, space, Surname, comma, space, followed by next author in same format. Underline the name of the presenting author. Indicate all affiliations with a lower-case superscript letter immediately after the author’s name and in front of the appropriate address. For example:
Anna L. Smitha, Robert G. Davisb
a Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
b Laboratory Medicine, University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, AB, Canada
- The study objective.
- Sufficient information demonstrating relevance in genetics.
- Sufficient description of methodology or case.
- Sufficient objective evidence/observations in the results section to support conclusions. Results are to be expressed in IFCC SI units.
- Statement of conclusions.
Abstract Submission Process
- Writing must be concise, clear, and grammatically correct.
- Technical information pertaining to observations and conclusions cannot be withheld for proprietary reasons. It is not acceptable to state that “results will be discussed”.
- Font: Times New Roman or Arial. Use a font size of 10.
- Do not use hard returns to break lines; use the word wrap feature.
- The abstract paragraph cannot exceed 250 words and is to be written in single-space. A maximum of 2 tables and/or figures are acceptable if they are embedded into the Word file. Deduct 50 words from the maximum word count for each included table or figure. Figures should be no larger than 3.5 inches wide by 4.0 inches high, legible at these dimensions, and cropped to eliminate extra white space. Tables must fit and be legible within a 3.5 inch column.
- Leave one line space between the affiliation address(es) and the beginning of the abstract paragraph.
- All abbreviations should be defined when first used.
- If used, references should be given in parentheses without authors or title by provided Index-Medicus-listed Journal abbreviations without punctuation followed by year, volume number and inclusive page numbers. (Example: CJP 2012;35:151-169).
- Indicate with a disclosure statement at the end of the abstract whether it has been presented previously, at which venue and the date.
- All presenting authors must register for the conference and pay the registration fees in order to qualify for oral/poster presentation and abstract publication.
Dates & Deadlines
- The deadline for abstract submission is August 8, 2017. Submit abstracts electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Since there is a limited amount of space for abstracts:
- Limited to one submission per resident.
- The presenter will be notified by email of the status of the abstract submission.
- Only posters submitted by residents/trainees will be eligible for prizes.
- While the OAP is happy to accept posters which have been recently presented (i.e. in the past year) at a major meeting (e.g. CAP or USCAP), the posters must fit within the display board (6ft (W) x 4ft (H)).
- The poster presentation is open to residents and PA trainees.