The President’s Award is intended to honour OAP members who have shown exemplary dedication and service to the Ontario Association of Pathologists. In giving this award the board will consider service as a board member or other activities done for or on behalf of the organization which exemplify dedication and service to the Ontario pathology community.
The criteria for the award consists of:
- Long service to the Association
- Sustained service of an exceptional order to the Ontario Association of Pathologists in whatever capacity, by an individual, member or non-member, emeritus, or a physician or non-physician. Currently serving OAP executive and board directors are not eligible for this award.
- Candidates will be nominated by the OAP executive and board directors on a yearly basis.
- There may be years in which no award is given or in which more than one award is granted.
- The board will deliberate prospective candidates and make the final decision.
- The award will consist of a certificate and small plaque to be presented at the annual general meeting in the fall.