Dr. Chester McLean: 1959-60
- Born 1914; graduated with MD from U of T, 1937. Postgraduate training at Banting Institute and Hamilton General Hospital.
- After WWII, became Director of Pathology at Sunnybrook Hospital. With Roy Wilkinson pioneered use of large paper sections to study lung pathology.
- Consultant to Workers’ Compensation Board.
Dr. R. H. More: 1958-59
- Received medical degree from University of Western Ontario, 1928; then joined London’s Institute of Public Health.
- Transferred to Central Public Health Laboratory, Toronto, 1929. Director of Regional Public Health Laboratory, North Bay, 1934. Returned to London Institute of Public Health, 1939.
- Institute renamed Regional Public Health Laboratory, 1946. Dr. Wilson appointed Director.
- Retired 1969.
Dr. Lavern C. Fischer: 1957-58
- Received medical degree from University of Western Ontario; studied pathology with Dr. J.H. Fisher, London, ON.
- First pathologist in Kitchener, serving St. Mary’s General Hospital, 1935-42.
- Director of Laboratories, Kitchener-Waterloo Hospital, 1936-64.
- Passed away September, 1966.