Dr. Allan John Blanchard: 1956-57
- Born 1914; graduated with MD from U of T, 1937. Postgraduate training at Banting Institute and Hamilton General Hospital.
- After WWII, became Director of Pathology at Sunnybrook Hospital. With Roy Wilkinson pioneered use of large paper sections to study lung pathology.
- Consultant to Workers’ Compensation Board.
Dr. Wesley M. Wilson: 1955-56
- Received medical degree from University of Western Ontario, 1928; then joined London’s Institute of Public Health.
- Transferred to Central Public Health Laboratory, Toronto, 1929. Director of Regional Public Health Laboratory, North Bay, 1934. Returned to London Institute of Public Health, 1939.
- Institute renamed Regional Public Health Laboratory, 1946. Dr. Wilson appointed Director.
- Retired 1969.
Dr. Harold G. Pritzker: 1954-55
- Graduated from U of T, 1934; trained in pathology at St. Luke’s Hospital, Cleveland.
- Started laboratories at Toronto’s Mount Sinai Hospital, 1938, and Oshawa General Hospital, 1943.
- Full-time Director of Laboratories, Mount Sinai, from 1955; staff appointment at U of T; Toronto Academy of Medicine president, 1959-60; Canadian Association of Pathologists president, 1960-61.