Dr. J. D. Hamilton: 1950-51
- Received medical degree from U of T; trained in pathology in Toronto, Cambridge UK, and Johns Hopkins University.
- Served in the Canadian Army during WWII.
- Professor and Head of Pathology at Queen’s in 1946; later Head of Pathology, Dean of Medicine, VP of Health Science and Vice-Provost at U of T.
- With Dr. Louis Berger of l’Université Laval, conceived idea for a national association of Canadian pathologists.
Dr. Isaac H. Erb: 1949-50
- Born 1886; eldest son of a Federal MP; responsible for home farm during his youth.
- Returned to high school as an adult; studied medicine at U of T and pathology in Austria.
- First Pathologist-in-Chief at Toronto’s Hospital for Sick Children, 1919-47.
- Consulting Pathologist to the Attorney General’s Department for 11 years and Assistant Professor of Pathology at U of T for eight years.
Dr. John H. Fisher: 1948-49
- Born 1899; received medical education from University of Western Ontario in 1924.
- Received postgraduate training at U of T, Memorial Hospital NY and Mallory Institute of Pathology, Boston.
- Member of UWO Department of Pathology for 43 years, retiring in 1965.
- Professor of Pathology, Head of Department, and Pathologist-in-Chief at Victoria Hospital, London ON, 1929-65.