CME & Events
View current event postings, the latest CME and Medical Events.
Join us in Charlottetown
The 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting, “Developing Strategies for a Sustainable Career in Pathology“, will be held June 10-13 in Charlottetown and will feature a multi-disciplinary scientific program, renowned guest speakers, an extensive trade show and a great social program. The Annual General Meeting for CAP-ACP will also be held during this conference.
- Plenary sessions with national and international leaders from various fields exploring the unifying theme of strategies to sustain a pathology career with ever increasing workflow demands.
- The conference will have well defined beginning and closure, with three-day duration and a pre-conference day with in-depth workshops.
- Concurrent sessions in three different learning tracks that will address the various content interests, scopes of practice, and learning styles of the audience: Subspecialty practice, General practice and Canadian practice-related topics.
- Partnerships with renowned organizations such as the CMPA and the Ontario Molecular Pathology Research Network to offer hands-on learning opportunities at the highest level.
- A later daily starting time and an earlier daily end of activities with synchronized breaks and lunch to allow more networking opportunities.
- A networking lunch for Canadian trainees and pathology leaders for optimizing employment, fellowship and mentorship possibilities.
- An array of cultural and social events showcasing everything PEI and the Maritimes have to offer.
Don’t miss your chance to highlight your company’s products and services by taking a leading role as a sponsor of CAP-ACP Annual Meeting.
Click here to contact us for more information about sponsoring and exhibiting
21st Triennial Meeting of the International Association of Forensic Sciences
Mon, 21 Aug 2017 to Fri, 25 Aug 2017
Save the Date!
The International Association of Forensic Sciences will be holding its 21st Annual Meeting in downtown Toronto at the Sheraton Centre. Registration does not open until November, but applications for pre-conference workshops and sponsorship are now open. Please visit www.iafstoronto2017.com for more details.
What is the IAFS?
The IAFS is the only worldwide association of academics and practicing professionals from various disciplines in forensic science, including:
- Forensic pathologists and death investigators
- Forensic scientists
- Professionals working in police, government or private forensic laboratories dealing with fingerprints, DNA, drug analysis, toxicology, firearms, documents, trace evidence, accident reconstruction, etc.
- Other branches of forensic science, such as forensic psychiatry, forensic anthropology, medical law and bioethics, forensic odontology, forensic scientific research, etc.
Who Should Attend?
The theme, “Inter-Professional Collaboration in Forensic Science”, will attract delegates practicingin the disciplines of:
- Forensic Pathology and Death Investigation
- Forensic Sciences
- Legal and Judicial Systems
- Forensic Sciences/Policing/Legal and Judicial Education
- Continued development of forensic sciences
- Assist forensic scientists and other professionals to exchange scientific
- and technical information
- Organize IAFS meetings every three years
The Banff Pathology Course is a collaborative effort of the Canadian Association of Pathologists (CAP-ACP), Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Alberta and the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Calgary to provide a continuing medical education activity for practicing pathologists and residents in training.
New Venue – Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, 107 Tunnel Mountain Dr, Banff, AB T1L 1H5.
Attendees may take the course either as the full three-day course or individual days. Please see the Course Information page for additional information concerning the course outline, objectives, and accreditation. Please see the course details on the Registration page for included items for either the full course or individual day registrations. All prices listed are in Canadian dollars.
|Banff Pathology Course1||On or before June 15, 2017||After June 16, 2017|
|Wed., Aug. 30 – Sat., Sept. 2, 2017|
|(PC) **CAP-ACP Member||C$750.00||C$950.00|
|(PC) *ASLP Member||C$750.00||C$950.00|
|(PC) CAP-ACP Resident Member||C$350.00||C$400.00|
|(PC) ASLP Resident Member||C$350.00||C$400.00|
|(PC) Non-Member Resident||C$400.00||C$450.00|
|Banff Pathology Course Single Day Only2|
|(SD) CAP-ACP Member||C$275.00||C$325.00|
|(SD) ASLP Member||C$275.00||C$325.00|
|SD) CAP-ACP Resident||C$150.00||C$175.00|
|(SD) ASLP Resident||C$150.00||C$175.00|
|(SD) Non-Member Resident||C$175.00||C$200.00|
|(PC) – Full Course Registration
(SD) – Single Day Registration Only
1 Registration includes all breakfasts, refreshment breaks and lunches, access to all course sessions and presentations, Wine & Cheese Reception (Thursday), and Banquet (Friday).
2 Registration includes breakfast, refreshment breaks and lunch, access to all course sessions and presentations (either the Wine & Cheese Reception (Thursday) or the Banquet (Friday)) on the day registered. Only one day may be selected at this rate, registration on multiple single days requires full conference registration.
Future Course Dates
- Sept 12-15, 2018
- Sept 11-14, 2019
For more information visit the course website.
The Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Western University and Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto present:
Featuring “The Bedard Lectureship”
Save the date – Saturday, October 21, 2017, 9:30 am – 4:15 pm
London Health Sciences Centre, University Hospital, London, Ontario, Canada
The morning session features The Bedard Lectureship on “Thyroid Cytopathology” given by Dr. Manon Auger, Professor, Department of Pathology, McGill University, Montreal and sponsored by the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto. Other highlighted areas include challenges and pitfalls in Gyn and Lymph node cytopathology, discussion of quality improvement initiatives and an expert appraisal of unusual and interesting cases through case studies.
Detailed program and on-line registration will be available by March 31, 2017 CME 2017 Web Site
Dr. Joanna C. Walsh (CPD Director), Dr. Mariamma Joseph, Dr. Michele Weir, Susan McRae, MLT, Kate Murphy, MLT, Dr. Shabin Nanji and Dr. Terence J. Colgan
Contact: Cheryl Campbell, email@example.com, (519) 661-2030
Advertise your Event on the OAP Website
Learn More about advertising on the OAP website for Recruitment, CME Events, Professional Products and Services.