Website William Osler Health System
The Department of Laboratory Medicine in the William Osler Health System is seeking two Full Time, Anatomical or General Pathologists.
The successful candidates would join a collegial Laboratory Medical team that includes 13 Anatomic Pathologists, one full-time Hematopathologist, and one full-time Molecular Pathologist. There is a standout team of Medical Technologists partnering together with the Pathologist group, providing high quality Immunohistochemistry and Flow Cytometry support. Furthermore, the Department is in the process of building a Molecular Diagnostics presence, currently featuring Next Generation Sequencing capability.
- Candidates must be eligible for licensure in the Province of Ontario
- Certification in Anatomic Pathology, Anatomic Pathology/Clinical Pathology, or General Pathology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or recognized equivalent.
- The ideal candidate will have undergone fellowship training, with areas of specific need including Head and Neck (particularly Endocrine) and Dermatopathology; there is the potential to incorporate relevant aspects of Next Generation Sequencing into practice in these areas of specialization, depending on a candidate’s interest.
- Experience in independent practice is a plus, though new graduates will also be considered.
- Expertise in Digital Pathology and other aspects of Informatics would be desirable, given near term plans of the Organization to advance in these areas.
- Demonstrated interest in Medical leadership, and Laboratory Management would also be seen as advantageous.
- Collegiality, interpersonal and communication skills are also valued.
- The position requires excellent communication skills in English. Additional languages are considered an asset as we serve a highly diverse population.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org