Guelph General Hospital
Reporting to the Director Laboratory Medicine, Infection Prevention & Control, and Medical Device Reprocessing, the role of the Pathologist Assistant is to provide accurate and timely processing of a variety of laboratory specimens, including comprehensive macroscopic examination and evaluation of all surgical pathological specimens.
Pathologists’ Assistants also perform postmortem examinations including prosection, assisting the Pathologist with rendering the provisional anatomic diagnosis, composing the clinical history, recording the macroscopic anatomic findings, and submitting tissue sections for microscopic examination.
- Graduate from a recognized, Master’s level Pathologist Assistant program
- Good understanding of, and commitment to Quality Management/Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance
- Commitment to ongoing Professional Development
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service when interacting with colleagues and physicians
To apply for this job please visit www.gghorg.ca.