2021 Virtual Annual General Meeting
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, OAP will be offering online CPD in lieu of a face to face meeting on
September 20, 21 and 22 from noon – 1600 EDT.
Join keynote speaker Jason L. Hornick, MD, PhD on September 22; widely known for his major research on soft tissue sarcomas and gastrointestinal cancers. His focus in soft tissue sarcomas includes evaluating histologic and immunohistochemical parameters that predict clinical outcome, and identifying diagnostically useful immunophenotypic markers. Dr. Hornick will be presenting on September 22 so don’t miss this amazing talk!
REGISTRATION IS FREE FOR OAP MEMBERS (Must have renewed 2021 membership fees prior to registration).
NON-MEMBERS ACCESS IS $250 (Non-member PAs & Residents is $50)
- Political and economic updates
- OMA Lab Section Updates
- Ontario Health
- Forensic Pathology Update
- S2Q Updates
- OAP Annual Business Meeting
- Principles of infection control
- Transfusion medicine guidelines
- Centralization of the soft tissue service
- Slide seminar
- WHO gynecological tumors – review of the new WHO recommendations
- 1200-1330 – The most common spindle cell tumors of deep soft tissue: differential diagnosis and best markers – Jason L. Hornick, M.D., Ph.D.
- 1330-1430 – Metastatic carcinoma of unknown primary: diagnostic approach using immunohistochemistry – Jason L. Hornick, M.D., Ph.D.
The OAP is the oldest pathology organization in the country and has been holding Annual General Meetings since 1937. As a not-for-profit medical society organized for educational and scientific purposes, the purpose of the meeting is to foster excellence in the practice of pathology and laboratory medicine in Ontario.
The Annual Meeting is designed as an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
For more information contact email@example.com.